Research Investigator/Senior Research Investigator (Entry Level PhD): Department of In Vitro Biology
We are looking for highly diligent, energetic and self-motivated research scientist who is passionate about joining an exciting start-up biotech. The individual will support multiple projects by developing, optimizing and executing biochemical and cell-based assays to enable the discovery of new oncology drugs, and apply state-of-art technologies to interrogate cancer biology and understand the mechanism of actions of novel drugs and targets.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to execute cell-based assays that inform drug discovery and/or basic biology. The candidate must be able to troubleshoot various cell-based assays and perform basic data analysis on small to medium scale datasets using standard analysis tools. The applicant must be independent in thought and results driven while possessing strong and positive communication and team skills. The position requires significant interaction with people of varying scientific backgrounds, approaches and skill sets. A passion for lab work, data analysis and reporting excellence is a must. Expertise with assay development in multi-well formats (96w, 384w), automation and liquid dispenser is a plus.
- Adaptive to “startup mentality” with “can-do” attitude; willing to perform repetitive and wear multiple hats as needed
- PhD Degree in a biology or biochemistry related field. No postdoc experience is required
- Experience in oncology preferred
- Good computer skills (particularly MS Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiar with dose response curve fitting software programs
- Hands-on experience with cell culture and biochemical and cellular assay development.
- Hands-on experience with multi-well formats (96w, 384w), automation and liquid dispenser a plus
- Highly self-motivated, collaborative team worker with excellent organizational skills
We are willing to sponsor H1b or O1 visa. To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org